Tribes Learning Communities
Our goal at Aeolian is to create a safe and caring learning environment that assures the healthy development of every child. To meet this goal we are continuing our participation in the TRIBES Learning Communities program. TRIBES is a community building process. Our Goals:
• Everyone will respect individual differences and the diversity of our cultures.
• Our teachers will design learning experiences to reach students who learn in different ways.
• Students will take responsibility for themselves and each other.
• Our families will become actively involved in the education of their children.
• We will awaken the love of learning in everyone.To accomplish these goals all staff, parents and students are expected to abide by our mutual agreements:➢ Attentive Listening➢ Appreciations/No Put Downs➢ Right to Pass/Right to Participate➢ Mutual RespectConsequences
Students who choose not to follow the TRIBES Mutual Agreements and/or school rules will receive the appropriate consequence according to the infraction. Parents will be notified of all serious offenses.
1. Verbal Warning
2. Recess/lunch Detention
3. Time out in a Buddy Teacher’s Classroom
4. Aeolian Inappropriate Behavior Referral (see attached)
Students who commit one of the following offenses will receive an automatic office referral and may be suspended from school:
1. Fighting with visible marks of multiple blows
3. Damage to personal or school property