Welcome to the Aeolian Elementary School website. It is a tremendous honor to be named the Principal of Aeolian. I look forward to creating strong and collaborative relationships with the staff and parents of this great community. Aeolian is a special place. I am overjoyed to be in a position to positively impact the lives of students and teachers.
My vision for Aeolian is to continue to build an ideal school environment where students feel safe, comfortable, challenged and engaged in class. Students and staff will celebrate core values and each other. Teachers will feel supported in their teaching and inspired to try new things. Teaching and assessments will be standards-based, instruction will be data-driven, and collaboration will be purposeful. Our school campus will stay impeccably clean and beautiful, parents will be involved in school activities and classrooms, and teachers and parents will work collaboratively to support their students. I will be in the classroom “where the action is” in order to support the teachers, students, and to assess the needs of the school, and of course, where students will achieve academically at high levels. My goal is that together we can make all of these characteristics of an ideal school happen successfully at Aeolian this year. Only together is this possible. I thank you for taking on this challenge with me to benefit and support your child and his/her experience at Aeolian.
You are your child's first and best teacher in the following skill areas necessary for them to access academic teaching. These are also skills that will help them be successful throughout life.
• The value of wanting to learn what is being taught
• The self discipline to practice it over and over again to know it
• The guidance to always do their best work
• The attitude that if at first you don't succeed, try, try, try again
• The belief that their education is a priority in their life
• Being organized and neat in their work
• Being a responsible worker
Also, values and character are best taught by parents. The school’s role is to reinforce the values, character and work ethic that children learn and develop at home. Research shows that the most important variable in a child's success in school is the parents’ involvement in their child's education. The following are some ways to be involved in your child's education:
• Talk with your child everyday about specifics of what is going on at school.
• Discuss the completed work the child has brought home.
• Check homework after it is complete.
• Be available to assist with homework as necessary.
• Set high standards for the work that is performed.
• Guide the development of good study skills.
• Stay in touch with the classroom teacher.
• Call the teacher if work is not regularly coming home or homework is not given most nights.
• Communicate high expectations to your child.
• Communicate your confidence and pride to your child every day.
• Proudly display and share your child's work and progress with friends and relatives.
• Attend and participate in school activities as much as possible.
• Attend parent conferences.
• Volunteer in one of our many programs or a classroom if your schedule allows.
• Keep in close touch with the teacher and communicate, communicate, communicate!
• Let us know how we can best meet the needs of your child.
Thank you to the PTC parents who have been planning this year’s community events, school assemblies, and fundraisers. I encourage every parent to become involved in the PTC as it will be one of the best ways to connect with the Aeolian community.
Here is to an AWESOME and SUCCESSFUL year TOGETHER!
Let's go AZTECS!!